Connect with us

NEWS

Sanwo-Olu wades into LASPOTECH crisis, orders investigation

Published

on

Concerned about the persistent industrial crisis that shook the State Polytechnic of Lagos (LASPOTECH), Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday, set up a Panel of Visits with the task of investigating all the controversial issues that put the union of the school staff against the administration.

Sanwo-Olu also ordered staff members to previously withdraw from the administration to send their letters of appeal to the Governing Council of the school within seven (7) days for a review of the process of their withdrawal,

but with the condition of that the letters of appeal are approved by the Head of Service to guarantee transparency in the review process.

The governor expressed his concern about the effects of the prolonged crisis on the welfare of the school, noting that the prevailing situation had affected the moral of the employees of the institution who respect the law, as well as the academic performance of their students.

Sanwo-Olu said the government was aware of the humiliation and denigration that the Governing Council and the school administration had endured in the past six months when this stalemate began, and called on all interested parties to keep the peace in student interest.

The governor said: “For the powers conferred on me by the Governor of the State of Lagos, I hereby order the constitution of a Panel of Visits to the Institution to investigate all controversial issues and present their recommendations for my consideration.

“The Government of the State, without prejudice to an earlier rejection of its magnanimous gesture to reconsider the disconnection of some employees of the Institution, is once again requesting the disconnected officers who are

willing to continue their service at the institution to send their letters of appeal to the Governing Council of the institution within seven days for a review of its disconnection, copies of such letters must be duly approved to the Head of Service for an impartial review of the process leading to his removal.

“Employees of the institution must bear in mind that they have a contractual obligation to perform in an optimal manner as established in the terms of their employment. ”

Any act that is contrary to this will be treated in accordance with the Public Service Rules, other regulations in force and Labor Laws.”

Sanwo-Olu said that his government appreciated the role played by a strong, dynamic and enlightened academic union in strengthening the culture of industrial harmony and development.

However, he said that his government would not be subjected to blackmail and would be deceived by “a union that continues to perform.” their agitations in a way that threatens and is becoming hostile to state peace. ”

He warned any school member determined to violate peace in school, saying that person would be treated according to the law.

“To avoid doubts, all acts that may interrupt academic activities, violate a conducive work environment and peaceful coexistence in the Institution will be treated in accordance with the Laws,” said the governor.

The governor praised the students of the school for their “peaceful conduct” in the face of the “unnecessary crisis”, wishing them good luck in their next exam.

Sanwo-Olu ensured that normalcy would be restored and maintained in the institution, while ensuring the safety of all school members during and after the exam.

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.