Connect with us

NEWS

Okorocha vs INEC: What Senator Izunaso told Federal High Court judge

Published

on

Sen. Osita Izunaso has requested of the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Adamu Abdu-Kafarati, over the continuous case between Imo Governor, Rochas Okorocha and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

A duplicate of the archive, submitted to the court, was gotten by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.

Izunaso needs the chief judge to mediate because of the way Justice Okon Abang is purportedly taking care of the case over Okorocha’s Certificate of Return.

Izunaso enunciated his situation in the appeal titled: “Re Suit No/FHC/ABJ) CS/296/2019-Rochas Okorocha versus INEC and others, Petition against Hon. Equity O.E Abang.

Izunaso, who is the third respondent in the suit, is looking for the mediation of the chief judge against how the judge is directing the case.

READ ALSO: Akwa Ibom University was suspends student because he call VC ‘foolish’

He started his appeal because his preferred judge supposedly excluded the guidance and forced another obscure one on him.

He likewise affirmed that the judge wouldn’t perceive a movement he got from the Court of Appeal for the remain of procedures.

Izunaso stated: “Other biased acts to baffle the procedures for this situation, the nitty gritty certainties in regard of the grievance are contained in my testimony appended to this request.”

Amid the last suspended date, the judge requested that the guide who spoke to Izunaso already, Mr. Orji Nwafor-Orizu, must present an authentication of mental wellness before he would keep on showing up in court.

The judge had additionally demanded that Nwafor-Orizu must sign an endeavor to be of good lead all through the conference, in the Federal High Court as well as all courts of official records.

At the continued hearing on Monday, Izunaso was in court yet not spoken to by guidance as both Nwafor-Orizu and S .M Anichebe, who the court had perceived as his advice, were missing.

He, in this manner, connected for a delay to empower him to draw in another direction to speak to him in court pending when Nwafor-Orizu would conform to the requests of the court.

In an oath of actualities removed to by him, Izunaso said that he went out of the nation however needed to critically come back to guarantee that he drew in another direction to speak to him,

READ ALSO: Fear grips journalists as National Assembly releases tough accreditation guidelines

He begged the court not to visit the wrongdoing of the guidance on the prosecutor, saying that he didn’t connect with Anichebe who the court perceived.

He further told the court that he was not a legal counselor and was in this way not skilled to speak to himself.

The judge, in any case, decided that Anichebe was the advice on record speaking to Izunaso and his nonattendance in court without reason was an indication of lack of regard to the court.

The judge likewise asked Izunaso to contend his case was fizzling, which he would esteem all procedures documented for his benefit as received.

Equity Abang additionally said, and he requested that the procedures recorded in the interest of Izunaso were considered received even inside adumbration.

Izunaso, in a meeting, told reporters that he would bid against the choice of the court since he had been closed out and denied reasonable hearing.

The issue was deferred until May 21 for continuation.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.