Connect with us

NEWS

Kogi guber: Youth Donate 2 Million Nairas for Governor Bello’s Expression of Interest

Published

on

Image result for Kogi guber: Youths donate N2million for Governor Bello's expression of interest form Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1236100-kogi-guber-youths-donate-n2million-governor-bellos-expression-interest-form.html

Youth from the 21 local government areas of the state have donated N2million for the purchase of the Governor’s expression of interest. Governor Bello acknowledged that the gesture was the first of its kind in the political history of the state.

The local government areas of the state have donated the sum of two million naira for the purchase of the form of expression of interest of the governor. Reacting to the gesture, the governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, said that the best potential of the state can only be realized when they unite in unity independently of their ethnic and religious inclination.

He made the statement on Monday, April 29, in Lokoja when the leadership of the Forum of Coordinators of the National Council of Youth of Nigeria (NYCN) made the donation. Governor Bello was represented by his Chief of Staff, Hon Edward Onoja, who said that despite deliberate efforts to discourage the youth corps, the leadership went ahead with its plans and said it was a sign of its genuine commitment to reciprocate. the recognition that the government had granted them.

While thanking the young people for the enormous sacrifice made through the donation, the governor said that such sacrifice was attractive, since it showed his concern and love for the programs of the present administration.

He mentioned that his appearance and continuity was the fulfillment of the divine mandate expressed through prophecy and that is why action has never lacked the financial and human resources to support his successes.

Governor Bello acknowledged that the gesture was the first of its kind in the political history of the state and many other similar gestures that had been received from the less anticipated quarters were proof of God’s support in fulfilling the agenda capable of announcing the general development.

He stressed that his resurgence remained the best option for young people who were the largest and most influential constituents of the state, stating that he is a young and vibrant young man who has opened the platform for greater participation of young people in government, as exemplifies in his administration .

The Chief of Staff noted that the election of governor on November 2 in the state of Kogi was between the old and the new political order, and young people were allowed to take advantage of the opportunities that are currently within their reach.

He pointed out that people who are against his administration for promoting a united front, where ethnic segregations were not allowed, were strange to such a progressive trajectory because they were accustomed to the previous norms of ethnic prejudice.

The forum’s president, Comrade Abdullahi Adamu, had previously applauded the government for its policy of youth inclusion and for giving them a sense of belonging since he arrived on board three and a half years ago. Comrade Abdul also requested to be included in the state campaign council for the November elections, promising his preparation to enter all corners of the state to convince voters to vote for the return of Governor Bello.

In his vote of thanks, the president of the state, NYCN, comrade Israel Alonge, thanked the governor for giving the body the recognition it deserved, as constitutionally required. He thanked the governor for giving prestige to the young people of Kogi through his office, since they have become the toast of young people from other parts of the country.

Meanwhile, the director general of media and publicity to the governor, Kingsley Fanwo, has declared that Governor Bello’s declaration for the second term has made his political opponents nervous.

The governor recently declared his intention to compete for a second term in the banquet hall of the Government House, in Lokoja, during the inauguration of the Assembly House Committee of the State of Kogi. Fanwo said that Governor Bello’s statement has unnerved his opponents, “many of whom thought the party would fail and then die after the 2019 general election in Kogi state.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.