Connect with us

NEWS

In the midst of the ‘500 billion’ scandal, Emefiele says that Nigeria must prepare for the next global economic crisis

Published

on

Godwin Emefiele, the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, has said that although the nation is fortunate to have left the retreat, Nigeria must prepare itself for the following worldwide financial emergency.

The CBN senator said this while conveying an address titled: ‘Past the Global Financial Crisis: Monetary Policy under Global Uncertainty,’ at the University of Benin, Benin, Edo State on Wednesday.

SaharaReporters had in a report over seven days prior uncovered sound subtleties of a berserk exertion by Mr. Emefiele to discover the cash which he and other top CBN authorities stole (N500bn), to reestablish to the bank before it winds up evident to investors and the administration. Although the CBN affirmed the realness of the sound, no examination was done by the pinnacle bank or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

READ ALSO: Amaechi talks about Buhari’s refusal to convert him to Islam

In the sound, Emefiele can be heard lamenting the ramifications of the stolen cash on the economy, “the suggestion for the economy is no.” Talking at the address, Emefiele stated: “From a portion of my closing comments, you may have watched, in any case, there is common vulnerability that will, sadly, definitely lead to another emergency.

“The inquiry could be, how are we as Nigerians, especially our pioneers, I am discussing financial and monetary approach specialists, how are we setting up our nation for the following emergency?

“We have fortunately left retreat; we have seen subsidence pending descending to about 18.72 percent in 2017 to around 11. 37 percent today. “We have seen the save climbing yet tragically despite everything we have issues and those issues verge on the joblessness rate and those issues verge on how we set up our nation,”

Lauding on the moves made by the CBN to balance out Nigeria’s economy, Emefiele said the presentation of the financial specialists and exporters’ window had helped in developing the nation’s outer stores. He said the turnover in the I&E FX Window had come to over $48bn since the commencement of the window and that the country’s foreign trade saved had ascended to $45bn in April 2019 from $23bn in October 2016.

READ ALSO: What the ministers told Buhari in the valuation session of the FEC

Because of accessibility of foreign trade, the CBN representative said that the swapping scale at I&E FX Window had been steady in recent months at a normal of N360/$, and the parallel market conversion standard had expanded from N525/$ in February 2017 to N360/$ today. “After five consecutive quarters of negative development starting in the first quarter of 2016, a systematic methodology by the financial and fiscal experts bolstered a bounce back in the country’s economy amid the second quarter of 2017.

“The recuperation has been driven to a great extent by improved non-oil exercises particularly the agribusiness segment which extended reliably by about 3.5 percent to 4.3 percent mirroring government’s endeavors at enhancing the economy,” he included.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.