After violent protests by members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, in parts of the nation for the continued detention of its leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, an interfaith group known as the Forum of Muslim and Christian Faithful in Abuja, has denounced the continuous acts of terror of the sect.
Recall that the group had invaded the national assembly complex last week, destroying vehicles and killing a security officer in the process.
Speaking at a joint press conference in Abuja on Wednesday, the religious forum warned the sect to stop acts of terror in the country.
A statement signed jointly by Rev. Nathaniel Atawodi, Coordinator, Nurudeen Abdul-Gafar, Deputy Assistant, asked the Nigerian government, through the Nigerian Police Force, the Department of State Services (DSS),
Civil Defense and even the army, to repress Down the terrorist activities of the IMN so that the brand of terrorism that seeks to spread can not seize Abuja. The forum also called on the international community to order the violent group.
The statement says: “We have followed with interest the various security notices issued by diplomatic missions, supranational bodies and international organizations to their citizens and staff living in Nigeria, especially in Abuja, as this is where the majority from them.
While some artificial incidents may have led to the issuance of these notices, we have considered it appropriate to weigh the situation.
“It is imperative to state categorically that Abuja has not only remained safe, but remains one of the safest capitals in the world today.
The feeling of insecurity attributed to the capital city arises from the activities of the bandits in the northwest, the remaining traces of terrorism in the northeast and the kidnapping in the peripheral neighbors of Abuja.
“These criminal activities were triggered after the elections held earlier in the year, and there have been reports that these crimes are manifestations of opposition threats that the killings will continue and intensify if they do not win the elections.
“This does not mean in any way that Abuja has not registered its own share of robberies, car thefts and some other crimes that are common with the cities of the state of Abuja.
These crimes exist but, fortunately, the security situation in Abuja and its surroundings have remained within a healthy threshold since President Muhammadu Buhari arrived on board. Security agencies and their military counterparts have continued to collaborate to keep offenders out of town and their efforts, and the resulting success should be commended.
“The only serious stain in Abuja’s security landscape remains the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) whose members have continued to torment the residents of the city.
IMN members have now made it a routine to deny other road users the right-of-way, while their frequent confrontation with the police usually leads to having entire districts sealed. This has taken a heavy toll on the quality of life and businesses.
“Peace, for which the city has been known since President Buhari took office, is being threatened with the terrorist attack launched in the National Assembly by IMN elements last week.
It is a situation that can not be allowed to continue. We can not have a situation where the terrorists will take over the capital and kill security agents like Boko Haram did before the military threw them into the desert and Sambisa Forest.
“This attack, in which members of the IMN used firearms against law enforcement officers, is totally reprehensible because people who have been radicalized on the scale of IMN members should not be allowed anywhere.
close to arms. It is an unacceptable development because it is clearly in conflict with the lies that were always said to be harmless.
With this development, it is now clear to all that the IMN protests are not peaceful, since there is nowhere in the world where carrying the weapons for the protests is considered peaceful and civil disobedience is not equated with openly attacking the people who provide security. For the country.
“What we found worrying is that the IMN attack has sparked an avalanche of these warnings and questionable reports that now make Abuja sound like a war zone when the opposite occurs.
” It is inconceivable that a single sect would become its mission of life to destroy a city that many of us have worked to build and call home, it is most ridiculous that the so-called members of the IMN do not even pay
Buhari approves new appointment
President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.
Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.
Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel
The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.
The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”
He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.
Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.
He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.
“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”
He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.
“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”
Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”
He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.
We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths
After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.
Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.
While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.
The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.
“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.
“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.
“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.
“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.
“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.
NEWS2 years ago
Biodun Fatoyinbo Biography: Net worth, Age, Wiki, Son, Wives, Family, and House
NEWS2 years ago
Government begins massive recruitment, opens job portal [See details]
NEWS2 years ago
BREAKING: Sanusi resigns after Ganduje’s installation of new emirates heads in Kano
NEWS2 years ago
Atiku vs Buhari: Summary of what happened at presidential election tribunal on Wednesday
NEWS2 years ago
Boko Haram: Buhari reacts to death of 60 mourners in Borno
NEWS2 years ago
Killings in Nigeria: Onaiyekan issues warning to herdsmen, Fulani leaders
NEWS2 years ago
Orji Kalu under fire over claim of pioneering Ruga Settlement as Abia governor
NEWS2 years ago
Man Slits Daughter’s Throat In Yola