Connect with us

NEWS

EFCC vs Senator Nwaoboshi: Details of what happened in court on Tuesday

Published

on

A Federal High Court on Tuesday requested the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to outfit the protection with the outline of the proof of its third observer in the preliminary of a PDP chieftain, Peter Nwaoboshi. The EFCC re-charged him on Oct. 5, 2018, preceding Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke in Lagos.

He is confronting preliminary alongside Golden Touch Construction Projects Ltd. What’s more, Suiming Electricals over asserted N322 million illegal tax avoidance. He, be that as it may, argued not liable.

The charge was previously before Justice Mohammed Idris, however at this point before Aneke following the height of Idris to the Court of Appeal. The EFCC has called two observers so far before Aneke.

At the last deferred date, EFCC counsel, Mr. O.A.R Ogunde (SAN), looked to call the third observer, Mr. Eyituoyo Nogbeyintere, a staff of Zenith Bank for proof.

Be that as it may, barrier counsel – Messrs George Uwechue (SAN), Clement Bassey and I.O. Aniakor – contended that the name of the observer was not recorded in the verification of proof.

They likewise presented that Nogbeyintere’s announcement was not in the procedures documented, encouraging the court to refuse the observer.

The indictment advice had said that the observer was giving proof as a delegate of Zenith bank, contending that the bank could send any of its staff individuals to speak to it.

“I don’t know about any law that says an agent of any bank will undoubtedly create an impression under the steady gaze of giving proof in court; such isn’t bound by law” he had said. Aneke had deferred for decision.

Conveying the decision on Tuesday, Aneke held that by the arrangements of Sections 279 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), the arraignment was obliged to record proof of proof.

The court held that the requirement for generous consistency with the arrangements of the ACJA couldn’t be over-accentuated.

He additionally noticed that the synopsis of the observer’s proof was excluded in the confirmation of evidence under the watchful eye of the court.

“It is appropriate to take note of that Section 279 (2) of the ACJA gives the indictment a watchfulness to record and serve notice of further proof.

“I am of the view that the arraignment can exploit the arrangement of law and outfit the respondent with the synopsis of proof of PW3 (Prosecution Witness 3) in this issue in light of a legitimate concern for equity,” he dominated. The judge held that to do generally may infringe on the privileges of the respondent.

He like this dismissed the case until June 14, for the continuation of preliminary. Aneke will on May 30, in any case, hear a movement looking for the arrival of Nwaoboshi’s worldwide international I.D.

In the charge, the EFCC claimed that Nwaoboshi and Golden Touch Construction Projects acquired a 12-story building known as Guinea House on Marine Road, Apapa, Lagos, for N805 million in May 2014 and June 2014.

The counter unite organization guaranteed that N322 million out of the N805 million was a piece of continues of extortion.

The EFCC asserted that N322 million was exchanged to property’s merchant on the guidance of Suiming Electricals, which was blamed for supporting Nwaoboshi and Golden Touch Construction to submit illegal tax avoidance approximately May 14, 2014.

As per the EFCC, Nwaoboshi got an agreement through Bilderberg Enterprises Ltd. to supply new development hardware to the state Direct Labor Agency at N1, 580,000,000.

It asserted that the organization imported and provided utilized development hardware as opposed to fresh out of the plastic new ones in resentment accepting full installment.

The EFCC included that Nwaoboshi, with the returns, purchased a 12-story working from Delta Government at N805 million for the sake of Golden Touch Construction Projects.

The commission asserted that the congressperson had no noticeable authentic business dare to produce the sum spent to buy the said property. The supposed offenses repudiate the arrangements of Sections 15(2) (d) and 18(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011

Continue Reading

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.