Connect with us

NEWS

EFCC vs Fayose: What happened in court on Tuesday

Published

on

A Federal High Court in Lagos has fixed June 28 for re-arraignment of previous Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, dealing with indictments of N6.9billion misrepresentation.

Fayose was summoned on October 22. 2018, preceding Justice Mojisola Olatotegun, close by an organization, Spotless Investment Ltd, on 11 checks verging on extortion and tax evasion offenses. He is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He had argued not blameworthy to the charge and was conceded abandon October 24, 2018, in the entirety of N50 million with sureties in like a whole. The arraignment had opened preliminary on November 19, 2018, and had so far gotten 13 observers out of the 15 recorded.

In any case, the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Hon. Justice Adamu Abdu-kafarati had moved the case from Olatoregun to another judge. Equity Chukwujekwu Aneke, following an appeal by the EFCC looking for an exchange of the case.Another date of June 28 has now been fixed for re-arraignment of Fayose before Aneke, NAN reports.

CJ’s letter of exchange had perused as pursues: “I allude to the appeal of EFCC on this case and your Lordship’s remarks to it. “It is obvious that the indictment has lost trust in the judge attempting this case and equity must not exclusively be done however should be believed to have been done, I, therefore, move this case to Hon. Equity C. J. Aneke for hearing,”

READ ALSO: Davido talk on Debo Ogundoyin emerges as Oyo Speaker

Review that on March 20, a dramatization had resulted in court halfway into preliminary, between the initial judge, (Olatotegun) and EFCC counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN). The judge had raised worries on the way of indictment by direction and had noticed that the examiner, was not working superbly, including that he was not capable of assessing the court’s decision.

On his part, the examiner (Jacobs) had communicated dismay at the blame from the court, because he had apportioned his obligations continuously determinedly, and had never been so criticized by any court. In the interim, during the last procedures of May 10, a thirteenth indictment witness, Mr. Adewale Aladegbola, a previous driver of a billion van, had given confirmations which the investigator depicted as being in opposition to his additional legal articulation to the commission.

Spilling out of that premise, the examiner had then educated the court that his observer seemed “unfriendly” and had then encouraged the court to defer the case to empower him to make an essential application on the circumstance. Before preliminary could continue before Olatotegun, the exchange of the case had just been conveyed to the court.

During preliminary before Olatoregun. The arraignment had called observers, from Zenith Bank, Diamond Bank, just as a previous Minister of State for Defense, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro. As indicated by the charge, on June 17, 2014, Fayose and Agbele were said to have claimed the total of N1.2 billion, for motivations behind subsidizing his gubernatorial race crusade in Ekiti State, which whole they sensibly should have known a framed piece of wrongdoing continues.

Fayose was asserted to have gotten a money installment of the total of five million dollars, (about N1.8 billion) from the then Minister of State for Defense, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro, without experiencing any budgetary organization and which surpassed the sum permitted by law. He was additionally asserted to have held the total of N300 million in his ledger and assumed responsibility for the total entireties of about N622 million, which whole he should have known a shaped piece of wrongdoing continues.

READ ALSO: Amaechi said why nigeria used to ‘chop I chop

Fayose was affirmed to have obtained De Privateer Ltd and Still Earth Ltd, to hold in their ledgers, the total wholes of N851 million which they sensibly should have known a shaped piece of wrongdoing continues. Additionally, the denounced was claimed to have utilized the total aggregates of about N1.6 billion to gain properties in Lagos and Abuja, which wholes he sensibly should have known shaped piece of wrongdoing continues.

The blamed was additionally affirmed to have utilized the aggregate of N200 million, to obtain a property in Abuja, for the sake of his senior sister Moji Oladeji, which total he should know likewise shapes wrongdoing continues. The offense, the EFCC said repudiated the arrangements of segments 15(1), 15 (2), 15 (3), 16(2)(b), 16 (d), and 18 (c) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act 2011.

NEWS

Buhari approves new appointment

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Captain Musa Nuhu as the new Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that It will replace Captain Muthar Usman. Until his appointment, Nuhu was the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

He is an airline pilot, security expert, leading quality control auditor, and artificial intelligence expert. Nuhu has a master’s degree. Bachelor of Business in Aviation and was in the Presidential Air Fleet as Captain and security officer.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that He also worked at Nigeria Airways, Aero Contractors and Petrowest, among other organizations.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Declare state of emergency on education – CLO tells Gov Emmanuel

Published

on

By

The Civil Liberties Organization, a chapter of the state of Akwa Ibom, has asked Governor Udom Emmanuel to declare a state of emergency in the state’s education sector.

The president of CLO in the state, Franklyn Isong, said this in his office in Uyo, the state capital while informing journalists as part of activities to commemorate World Teachers’ Day with the theme “Young teachers: the future of the profession.”

He said the need became necessary to stop the serious decomposition of infrastructure and insecurity in state public schools.

Isong criticized the content of the education presentation recently organized by the state government, describing it as “urbanized” and not with the intention of capturing the deep crisis that was shaking the sector in the state.

He said: “It is worrisome and sad that most public schools in some communities in Akwa Ibom state are in ruins, insecure and left to the destiny of the communities without government attention.

“All that is needed is for the Governor to take bold steps by declaring a state of emergency in the education sector to build more classroom blocks in rural and urban schools, provide good infrastructure such as science equipment, libraries, laboratories, as well as review the education curriculum to ensure a better and safe future for children in the state of Akwa Ibom. ”

He thanked the state government for tameing the right to basic education of the Akwa Ibom child in free and compulsory education and urged the state government to do what is necessary.

“The right to basic education of all Nigerian children, as enshrined in the Child Rights Act of 2003 in Article 15 (1), had been tamed under the Akwa Ibom State Child Rights Act, to ensure that every child in the State of Akwa Ibom the right to compulsory, free and qualitative basic education. ”

Isong added that; “In the Fundamental Principles and Directives of State Policy, as set out in Chapter 2, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 (as amended), the government has the responsibility to ensure that the education of Nigerian children be free and qualitative. ”

He also urged the government to address the numerous complaints of delays in the payment of pensions and unpaid tips to relatives of late elementary school teachers with delays in 1991 and to provide an improved social assistance package for teachers in public schools throughout the state.

Continue Reading

NEWS

We will attack DSTV, MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC, others if they don’t leave Nigeria – Yoruba youths

Published

on

By

After the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and Nigerian companies in South Africa, the Oodua Youth Coalition, OYC, has granted South African companies and businesses seven ultimata to leave Nigeria.

Latest Nigeria newspaper report that the group president, Oluyi Akintade Tayo, the refusal of the interested parties to give in to the notice of resignation will mean death.

While expressing disappointment at the attitude of South Africans against Nigerians living and working in South Africa, particularly what they described as the continued silence of the South African government on development, the group emphasized that during the apartheid era, which was the time Difficult of In the rainbow country, Nigeria was firm with them.

The statement says: “Oodua Youth Coalition (OYC), the most crucial youth group in Nigeria that projects and protects the Yoruba nation in the country, is sad and angry because South Africans, with the support of the country’s authorities, are coordinating the looting and burning of Nigerian businesses and mutilations and murders of our brothers and fathers on earth.

“It is unfortunate that South Africa, which under the apartheid regime had the support and solidarity of the Nigerians and the government while the white supremacists reigned supreme, is now turning to inflict physical and psychological pain and injury to the people whose parents committed great harm.” part of wages and profits and the community to end the apartheid reign.

“The circulating video in which Mr. Bongani Mkongi, the Vice Minister of Police of South Africa, defended the attacks against Nigerians and other Africans confirmed our previous fear and doubts about the guilt of the South African authorities. It is disconcerting that the country whose former leader, the late Nelson Mandela, recognized Nigeria’s efforts to elevate the South African-led government, is expelling other Africans, mostly Nigerians, energetically and with shame.

“We have tolerated the excesses of these South Africans whose businesses have prospered in Nigeria without any physical and psychological attack. For months, the coalition has written several letters to the South African consulate in Nigeria requesting meetings to chart a way forward and find a lasting solution for these unfortunate and barbaric incidents that have still been ignored or have run into a brick wall.

“OYC, after an emergency meeting, has concluded plans to, as a matter of urgency, attack all South African companies and facilities in Nigeria, especially in the southwest region of the country. DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE, STANBIC IBTC, and other outlets are our goals.

“Therefore, we give these South African companies a maximum of seven days to leave Nigeria or forget them, since our coalition, with other groups and comrades throughout the country, will attack them and burn them to ashes,” reads the notice.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.